Pak: Fire engulfs over dozen shops in Lahore's Anarkali Bazaar

DN Bureau

The fire was likely caused due to an electrical short circuit in one of the buildings where decoration paraphernalia such as firecrackers and aerosol sprays are sold.

Six buildings of the market were engulfed in the fire
Six buildings of the market were engulfed in the fire

Islamabad: At least 15 shops were reduced to ashes after fire erupted in Lahore's famous Anarkali Bazaar on Saturday.


As per the rescue officials, six buildings of the market were engulfed in the fire. It took nearly seven hours for the firefighters to douse off the fire.
No loss of life or injuries was reported in the fire.

 

Also Read: Pakistan- soldier dead in twin suicide attacks at Shabqadar's FC centre


The fire was likely caused due to an electrical short circuit in one of the buildings where decoration paraphernalia such as firecrackers and aerosol sprays are sold.


Traders claimed they have incurred huge losses amounting to millions of rupees due to fire.


According to a rescue official, no fire extinguishing equipment was present in the building in which fire took place. (ANI)
 

(Download the Dynamite News app from here. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.)






Related Stories