400 jawans taken ill after consuming fish curry, CRPF orders probe
CRPF Director General Sudeep Lakhtakiya said that the jawans, who were attending a training camp, has consumed a meal consisting of fish, which then resulted in most of them complaining about nausea and vomiting
Thiruvananthapuram: At least 400 jawans attached to the CRPF camp at Pallipuram were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning, the police said.
They were admitted to various hospitals in the city following complaints of diarrhoea and vomiting after consuming food yesterday, they said.
Also Read: Supreme Court refuses urgent hearing on Ayodhya land dispute case
"We are finding the source of the material used to cook the particular meal that was served to the jawans. Initial enquiry suggests that the fish might have been bad. However, the training centre in charge is looking up the entire case," the DG said.
While nearly 200 jawans were admitted to the Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Hospital, the rest were treated at various other hospitals following complaints of upset stomach and vomiting after consuming food.
Talking to media, Medical College superintendent said the situation is not alarming. State Health Minister K K Shylaja visited them at the hospital last night. (ANI)