Saudi rejects attempt to link death of Khashoggi to Crown Prince

DN Bureau

Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir rejected the attempt to link Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, calling it 'baseless', official said on Saturday.

Representational Image
Representational Image

Riyadh: Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel al-Jubeir rejected the attempt to link Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, calling it 'baseless', official sources said on Saturday. 

Also Read: Monaco Prince, PM Modi hold talks on bilateral cooperation

Khashoggi was murdered inside the Saudi consulate in Turkey's Istanbul in October 2018, and a number of top Saudi officials involved in the case were arrested.

Also Read: President: Prince Albert’s visit is an impetus to take India-Monaco cooperation to greater heights 

The Saudi King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud ordered to re-structure the intelligence authority. Last month, Saudi Public Prosecution demanded capital punishment against five out of 11 suspects in the murder case.
UNI 

(Download the Dynamite News app from here. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.)