Bihar: 43 people hospitalised after eating prasad in Muzaffarpur

DN Bureau

Over 40 people were hospitalised on Friday due to food poisoning allegedly after consuming contaminated prasad in Bisharma Pooja held here.

43 people were hospitalised
43 people were hospitalised

Muzaffarpur: Over 40 people were hospitalised on Friday due to food poisoning allegedly after consuming contaminated prasad in Bisharma Pooja held here.

Also Read: 35 taken ill after eating food at wedding

"There was a pooja held in the Budhimanpur gram of Devariya Thana. Women, men and children all consumed prasad after which they suffered from loose motions. They are all being treated in the local hospital," Ram Vichar Rai, MLA, 98 Sahib Ganj.

"I had prasad in the night and since then I m suffering from vomiting and loose motion," said a patient.

 Also Read: UP- Over 40 students hospitalised after consuming mid-day meal

"The patients are being under medical observation and around 43 people have been admitted to the hospital. They complained that they had prasad after which they fell ill," said Doctor Shailesh Singh. (ANI)

(Download the Dynamite News app from here. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.)








Related Stories