Diwali Recipe: How to make homemade sweet Basundi
Basundi is a famous sweet dish which is made during Diwali. Here is the easy way to make more delicious:
New Delhi: Basundi is a famous sweet whoch made during Diwali festival. It is very easy and quick to make and serve in short duration of time.
Here are the recipe to make it:
Grated apples 3
Milk 2 cups
Khoya 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/4 cup
Almonds 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Pistachios 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts 1 tbsp
1. Sliver the blanched almonds, chop the pistachios and set aside.
2. Boil milk on high flame in large container. Once it boils, reduce flame to low and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes.
3. Add some sugar and keep stirring constantly till milk gets thick. This might take 45 to 50 minutes.
4. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Turn off flame and allow to cool down slightly.
5. Garnish with the chopped nuts and saffron strands.
6. Serve warm Basundi to guests and loved ones.