SC collegium recommendation: Eight High Courts including Orissa, Karnataka, J&K, Madras, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Bombay and Tripura to get new Chief Justices
Supreme Court Collegium led by Chief Justice UU Lalit has recommended transfer of Chief Justices of five high courts and elevation of three senior judges as Chief Justices of three High Courts. Read full details on Dynamite News:
New Delhi: The Supreme Court collegium headed by Chief Justice UU Lalit has proposed transfer of Chief Justices of five high courts and elevation of three senior judges as Chief Justices of three High Courts. The meeting of collegium was held on Wednesday.
Earlier the SC collegium has recommended the Bombay High Court Chief Justice Dipankar Dutta's name for the elevation as Supreme Court Judge.
1. Justice Jaswant Singh has been elevated as Chief Justice of Orissa HC from Orissa.
2. Justice P B Varale has been sent as chief justice to Karnataka HC from Bombay.
3. Ali Mohammad Magrey has been elevated as Chief Justice of Jammu and Kashmir High Court from J&K.
4. Orissa CJ Justice S Muralidhar has been transferred to Chief Justice of Madras High Court.
5. Pankaj Mithal, CJ, J&K has been transferred to Rajasthan HC as CJ.
6. Sanjay Kumar Mishra, CJ, Uttrakhand has been posted as CJ, Jharkhand.
7. K. Vinod Chandran, CJ, Kerala to join as CJ, Bombay.
8. Aparesh Kumar Singh, CJ, Jharkhand has been transferred as CJ, Tripura High Court.