After Musk's takeover of twitter, Trump reexamines lawsuit against media giant
Former US President Donald Trump, who remains banned from the platform, is reevaluating his lawsuit against Twitter. Read more on Dynamite News:
Washington DC: Following Elon Musk's proposed $44 billion takeover of Twitter, former US President Donald Trump, who remains banned from the platform, is reevaluating his lawsuit against the social media giant.
Lawyers representing Trump have said that they will “sit down with the Tesla CEO” once he has gained full control of Twitter. Trump's lawyer John P Coale told that when all of that happens, we expect to sit down with him (Musk) and talk about the case, see what we can work out.
Trump sued Twitter last year alleging a First Amendment violation through online censorship after the platform permanently banned him for his comments following the January 6 riot in the US Capitol. He was also banned by Facebook, now called Meta, and Google's YouTube.
Coale also said that dropping the lawsuit against Twitter is a possibility, according to the newspaper. Following the ban from platforms, Trump, last year, set up his own social media app, Truth Social. After a long break of about a year, Trump, on Thursday returned to his social networking app saying "I'M BACK #COVFEFE" with a photo of himself. (UNI)