14 children injured in fire in UP madrasa

DN Bureau

Fourteen children were injured when a fire broke out in a madarsa at Shuru village in the district, police said Friday.

File Photo
File Photo

Muzaffarnagar: Fourteen children were injured when a fire broke out in a madarsa at Shuru village in the district, police said Friday.

The blaze started Thursday night from a candle kept in a room in the madrasa in Kotwali Police Station area during a power cut, they said.

Also Read: Fire in Noida hospital, 30-35 patients rescued 

A refrigerator near the candle caught fire which spread rapidly, they said.

Fourteen children were injured, ten of them seriously, and they were rushed to a hospital, police said, adding an investigation was underway.(PTI)

(Download the Dynamite News app from here. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.)










Your Opinion

Loading Poll …