Ram Rahim verdict: Death toll rises to 30, another person succumbs to injuries in Sirsa
Death toll rise to 30 in the violence in Panchkula, six of them due to bullet injuries. Another person succumbed to injuries in Sirsa, taking the death toll to three in the district.
Sirsa: Death toll rise to 30 in the violence in Panchkula, six of them due to bullet injuries. Another person succumbed to injuries in Sirsa, taking the death toll to three in the district, in the violence that erupted in the states of Haryana and Punjab, shortly after the verdict convicting Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh of rape on Friday.
Section 144 has been imposed in Panchkula where the verdict was delivered. Heavy security forces were deployed in the area as well.
The Haryana Police on Friday said that the situation in Panchkula district is under control following the ruckus that took place after the conviction of Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh by a Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Court of Panchkula.
The Deputy General of Police (DGP), BS Sandhu, while addressing the media said, "The situation in Panchkula district is under control. The Haryana Police has been successful to control the crowd after the court verdict was announced."
In another update, Western Railways have cancelled six trains and partially cancelled two trains in the wake of law and order situation in Punjab and Haryana.
Following are other updates related to the case:
- Curfew has been imposed in Sangrur, security stepped up after violent protests by Dera followers in Punjab.
- Section 144 imposed in Uttarakhand's Nainital
- Baghpat District Magistrate directs all schools in the region to remain closed today in Uttar Pradesh
- Delhi Transport Corporation has suspended bus services to NCR due to incidents of arson.
- Panchkula is completely peaceful at the moment, flag marches conducted: DGP Haryana, BS Sandhu
- Dera Sacha Sauda followers tried creating mischief, case has been registered. We have CCTV footage, probe underway: Madhur Verma, Delhi Police
- Haryana Government had made complete arrangements; the mob was really huge: Manohar Lal Khattar, Haryana CM
- Urged officials to work round the clock to restore normalcy and provide all possible assistance that is required, tweets PM
- PM Modi assures help to restore normalcy in violence-hit areas.
- Taking preventive measures, Chandigarh Police detains 81 people; confirms Chandigarh DGP Tejinder Singh Luthra
- Six private commandos of Ram Rahim Singh arrested by Chandigarh Police, weapons and petrol cans seized from them.
- Instances of violence are deeply distressing. Strongly condemn violence urge everyone to maintain peace, Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted.
- 29 people have lost their lives, and 200 are injured. Directed doctors for best possible treatment: Haryana CM ML Khattar
- Curfew has been imposed in Patiala.
- Passengers have been stranded at Bathinda railway station due to curfew imposed in Punjab.
- Heavy security in place; Rapid Action force also deployed in Bathinda.
- Curfew has been imposed in Punjab's Sangrur and Moga districts.
- High level meeting is called at Home Minister Rajnath Singh's residence today. Home Secy and others senior officials will also be present.
- Almost 250 trains cancelled. All trains going towards Rohtak cancelled for tomorrow: Neeraj Sharma, CPRO, Northern Railway
- Section 144 imposed in Noida and Ghaziabad
- Dera supporters set power sub-station office on fire in Sriganganagar, vehicle at sub-station premises also torched in Rajasthan. (ANI)