English
BJP Slams Rahul Gandhi’s Pellet Gun Protest (Img: X)
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Friday criticised Leader of Opposition Rahul Gandhi’s protest over the alleged use of pellet guns during the July 20 Jantar Mantar agitation, accusing him of indulging in “politics of anarchy” and using the issue for political gains.
Rahul Gandhi staged a protest outside the Parliament Street Police Station along with 19-year-old Sahil Lochab, who allegedly suffered pellet injuries during the incident. The Congress leader demanded registration of an FIR and said he would not leave until action was initiated.
Addressing a press conference, Union Health Minister and BJP leader JP Nadda accused Rahul Gandhi of staging a “camera-centric” protest and questioned his faith in the judicial process.
Nadda said the Supreme Court had already taken cognisance of the July 20 incident and had constituted a five-member high-powered committee headed by a former judge to investigate the matter.
“When the country’s apex court is investigating the matter, what does Rahul Gandhi hope to prove by sitting in front of cameras outside the police station?” Nadda questioned. He alleged that the protest was aimed at gaining media attention rather than seeking justice.
Rahul Gandhi shares the medical report of Sahil Lochav while demanding an FIR in the alleged pellet injury case. He has questioned the circumstances of the incident and sought action against those responsible. He says, “History of patient being hit by pellets fired by an unknown… pic.twitter.com/hoNV74u9cD
— Dynamite News (@DynamiteNews_) August 21, 2026
The BJP also questioned the timing of Rahul Gandhi’s protest, claiming that the Congress was facing criticism over the ongoing Vande Mataram controversy.
Nadda alleged that the protest was an attempt to divert public attention from criticism faced by the party. “The Congress is trying to hide its embarrassment by creating another controversy,” he said.
BJP MP Ravi Shankar Prasad also attacked Rahul Gandhi, alleging that he was protesting without proper permission.
“It is very unfortunate that LoP Rahul Gandhi does politics of anarchy. The police have already informed that an FIR has been registered in the matter and the investigation is underway,” Prasad said.
He added that the Supreme Court-appointed committee was already examining the incident and questioned why Rahul Gandhi was not waiting for the legal process.
Earlier, Rahul Gandhi reached the Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) office at Parliament Street Police Station with Sahil Lochab and demanded that an FIR be registered.
Rahul Gandhi claimed that medical reports showed pellet injuries in Sahil’s body and alleged that the incident required a criminal investigation.
“Pellet gun was used at Connaught Place on July 20. There are more than 200 shells inside his body and three in his eye. We want justice for this family,” Gandhi said. He alleged that Delhi Police officials refused to register the FIR and claimed that they were acting under pressure.
Location : New Delhi
Published : 21 August 2026, 5:20 PM IST
Topics : BJP Rahul Gandhi row Delhi protest controversy JP Nadda Rahul Gandhi statement Pellet gun FIR case Rahul Gandhi pellet gun protest
Related News
No related posts found.