This Diwali go healthy with mixed vegetable vada
Mixed vegetable vada is a popular dish which is healthy to have in Diwali. Here is the simplest way to make it:
New Delhi: Mixed vegetable vada is a crispy and tasty popular dish which is healthy to have in Diwali.
Here is the recipe to make it:
200 g - black gram
2.5 cup - water ( for soaking )
1/2 cup - finely shredded Cabbage or grated Carrot or sliced Onion or spinach)
1 tbsp - very finely sliced Onion
2 - green chillies, finely chopped
1/4 tsp - Hing
1 tsp - peppercorns
1 inch - ginger, finely chopped
1 spring - curry leaves, finely chopped
1/2 tsp - salt
2 to 3 tbsp - water, for grinding
300 ml - oil for frying
1. First chop ginger, green chilli and curry leaves.
2. Take a bowl and then mix hing, peppercorns, chopped ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, shredded cabbage, and onion. Avoid salt to be added into the mixture.
3. Before frying the batter please keep all the chopped ingredients ready.
4. Then soak black gram for 2-3 hours and drain out water completely and grind black gram to a thick paste.
5. Add or sprinkle 2-3 tablesoops water during grinding.
6. Transfer the batter into another flat bowl and mix it with chopped ingredients, peppercorns, hing, and salt to taste.
7. Take batter into the palms and shape it like circle.
8. After that, put vada directly into the medium hot oil and fry it till the golden colour comes on both sides.
9. Serve hot mixed vegetable vada with red chatani to the loved ones.