Twisha Sharma’s husband ready to surrender, MP high court orders second autopsy in case

The Twisha Sharma death case took a dramatic turn after the MP High Court ordered a second autopsy by an AIIMS Delhi team, while husband Samarth Singh told the court he is ready to surrender.

Post Published By: Ayushi Bisht
Updated : 22 May 2026, 4:19 PM IST
google-preferred

New Delhi: The Madhya Pradesh High Court on Friday ordered a second post-mortem examination in the Twisha Sharma death case, adding a major development to the ongoing investigation that has drawn nationwide attention. The court directed that the fresh autopsy be conducted by a team of doctors from AIIMS Delhi.

Twisha Sharma, a woman in her 30s from Noida, was found dead at her matrimonial home in Bhopal’s Bagh Mugalia Extension on May 12. Her family has consistently alleged foul play and accused her husband and in-laws of harassment and physical abuse.

Step Towards Justice: Twisha’s family welcomes CBI probe, alleges delay due to accused’s influence

Husband Says He Is Ready to Surrender

During the hearing, Twisha’s husband Samarth Singh informed the court that he was willing to withdraw his anticipatory bail plea and surrender before authorities. However, he requested the court to direct the trial court to hear his bail plea on the same day after surrendering.

The matter was heard by Justice Avanindra Kumar Singh, who clarified that the second post-mortem would be conducted in Bhopal itself. A special flight would reportedly be arranged to bring the AIIMS Delhi medical team for the procedure.

Family Raised Questions Over First Post-Mortem

Twisha Sharma’s family had approached the High Court after expressing dissatisfaction with the initial autopsy conducted at AIIMS Bhopal. According to their legal representatives, there were several inconsistencies in the first report.

The original post-mortem had stated that the cause of death was “antemortem hanging by ligature.” However, it also mentioned multiple blunt-force injuries on different parts of the body, raising further suspicion.

Earlier this week, a local magistrate court had rejected the family’s plea for a second autopsy, observing that procedural lapses alone were not enough grounds for ordering another examination.

Twisha Sharma Case: Family moves HC seeking cancellation of Giribala Singh’s anticipatory bail

CBI Probe Also Approved

The latest court order comes shortly after the Madhya Pradesh government recommended a CBI investigation into the case and formally granted consent for the central agency to take over the probe.

Police had already registered a case against Samarth Singh and his mother Giribala Singh under sections related to dowry harassment and cruelty under the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita and the Dowry Prohibition Act.

With a second autopsy now ordered and a CBI investigation underway, the case is expected to see significant developments in the coming days.

Location :  New Delhi

Published :  22 May 2026, 4:19 PM IST

Advertisement