Eco Package: FM Nirmala Sitharaman on special economic package, says these important points
Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday discussed the economic package in detail announced on May 12 by the government. Here the important points:
New Delhi: Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Wednesday discussed the economic package in detail announced on May 12 by the government. Here the important points:
1. PM laid out a comprehensive vision
2. The vision was laid out after wide consultations with several sections of the society.
3. Eco package to spur growth, build a self-reliant India
4. Self-reliant India does not mean cutting off from rest of the world
5. Five pillars of 'Atmanirbhar Bharat: economy, infrastructure, system, demography and demand
6. Shall not forget our responsibility towards the poor, needy, the migrants workers, divyang and the aged of the country.
7. Rs 20,000 cr subordinate debt for stressed MSMEs to be provided; 2 lakh MSMEs to benefited
8. Rs 50,000 cr equity infusion through MSME Fund of Funds; to provide support to growth potential MSMEs
9. Rs 3 lakh crores collateral-free automatic loans for businesses, including SMEs.
10. Rs 18,000 cr refunds given to tax payers; 14 lakh taxpayers benefitted from clearing of refund dues
11. Govt to pay Rs 2,500 crore as employee, employer contribution to EPF; scheme extended till August
12. Rs 30,000 cr liquidity facility for NBFCs, housing finance companies and MFIs
13.Rs 45,000 cr liquidity to be infused in NBFCs through partial credit guarantee scheme
14. Electricity distribution cos facing serious crisis; emergency liquidity infusion of Rs 90,000 cr in discoms
15. TDS, TCS rate for non-salaried payments for period up to March 31, 2021 cut by 25 pc; move will release Rs 50,000 cr
16. Due date for all income tax returns extended to November 30