CJP Warns Centre Over NEET Protest Promises, Says ‘Will Decide Next Move on August 24’

CJP has accused the Centre of delaying NEET protest commitments, including FIR withdrawal and compensation for families of deceased aspirants, warning of fresh action

Post Published By: Ayushi Bisht
Updated : 23 August 2026, 10:51 PM IST
google-preferred

New Delhi: The Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) on Sunday accused the Central government of failing to fulfil commitments made during the negotiations that led to the withdrawal of its month-long protest at Jantar Mantar over the NEET paper leak issue. The pressure group alleged that the government has betrayed the trust of students and young citizens by delaying action on key demands.

In an official statement, the CJP said that promises made to end a peaceful movement must be honoured "in letter and spirit". The group warned that any attempt to dilute, delay or reinterpret the commitments would amount to a breach of trust with the youth of the country.

CJP Questions Delay Over FIR Withdrawal

The group claimed that despite repeated discussions regarding the withdrawal of FIRs filed against student protesters, the government has not yet submitted the required details.

CJP alleged that the Centre had assured protesters that cases registered against students during the agitation would be withdrawn, but no concrete steps have been communicated so far.

The organisation said that delaying the process after securing the withdrawal of protests could damage the confidence of young people in government assurances.

Compensation Demand Remains Pending

Among the key commitments highlighted by CJP was financial assistance for families of NEET aspirants who died by suicide in connection with the paper leak controversy.

The group claimed that no government delegation has contacted them regarding progress on the compensation issue.

CJP said that while the protest resulted in the resignation of former Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, the movement would continue until all promised measures are implemented.

CJP Announces National Committee Meeting on August 24

The pressure group announced that its National Working Committee will meet on August 24 to decide its future course of action.

The organisation urged students, supporters and volunteers across the country to remain prepared for further developments.

CJP had ended its more than month-long protest on July 25 after claiming that the government had accepted its major demands, including compensation for affected families, withdrawal of FIRs and consideration of its five-point exam reform charter.

The group has now warned that failure to implement these commitments could lead to renewed protests.

Location :  New Delhi

Published :  23 August 2026, 10:51 PM IST

Advertisement