Christchurch attack accused to face 50 murder charge

DN Bureau

The Australian man accused of killing 50 people in gun attacks on two mosques in Christchurch will face 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges, New Zealand police said on Thursday.

Brenton Tarrant's case will be heard in the Christchurch High Court on April 5
Brenton Tarrant's case will be heard in the Christchurch High Court on April 5

Sydney: The Australian man accused of killing 50 people in gun attacks on two mosques in Christchurch will face 50 murder charges and 39 attempted murder charges, New Zealand police said on Thursday.

Also Read: A-SAT test: US takes note of Indias statements on space debris issues

“Other charges are still under consideration,” police said in a statement.

Australian Brenton Tarrant (28), a suspected white supremacist, was previously charged with only one murder following the attack and has been remanded without a plea.

Also Read: EU: No-deal Brexit becomes 'day after day more likely' 

He is due back in court on Friday. The March 15 attack was the worst mass shooting by a lone gunman in New Zealand. 

(Download the Dynamite News app from here. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter.)











Your Opinion

Loading Poll …