It is 55 yrs of Cong vs 55 months of NDA: PM Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday hit out at the Congress with a new slogan '55 years vs 55 months'-- pledging to work for every citizen of the country without any discrimination on the bass of caste or community.
Kaushambi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday hit out at the Congress with a new slogan-- '55 years vs 55 months'-- pledging to work for every citizen of the country without any discrimination on the bass of caste or community.
He also slammed the regional party leaders for their 'far fetched' dreams of becoming the Prime Minister of the country.
"They aspire for the plump post of PM, but first they should know that even to get the post of the leader of the opposition, a party should get at least 50 seats in the Lok Sabha. They they are only contesting from 8 seats, 20 seats or 40 seats, but dreaming of becoming the next PM," he said.
The PM, addressing an election meeting at Kaushambi, adjoining Prayagraj, said that those who are dreaming of becoming the PM were not concerned about the country's security.
Citing an example of his courage and strong will power after Pulwama attack, the PM said, "Pakistan was mulling of a surgical strike and hence had put all their forces on the border. But we carried out the airstrike the Bajrangbali way frightening them."
इस चुनाव की एक विशेषता है कि कई साल तक देश में राज करने वाली कांग्रेस जिसके पास कई संसाधन हैं, इसके बावजूद कांग्रेस सबसे कम सीटों पर इस चुनाव में लड़ रही है: पीएम मोदी #DeshBoleModiPhirSe— BJP (@BJP4India) May 1, 2019
Stressing on his '55 years vs 55 months' slogan, the PM said the Congress could not provide electricity to 18,000 villages in 55 years but his government did in 1,000 days after coming to power. " In 55 years, the country's 55 per cent of the area was powerless, but in 55 months we covered 90 per cent of the area and the remaining 10 per cent would be done soon," he said.
The PM, claiming credit for the success of Kumbh mela in Prayagraj and projecting the event as an international event, said, "The cleaning in the Kumbh was such that even the foreign delegates appreciated it forcing me to wash the feet of the cleaning workers," he said.
सरकार बनाने के लिए पहली बार जो वोट देने वाले हैं, वो हमारे नौजवान ओजस्वी हैं, तेजस्वी हैं, वे जवान हैं, उनके सपने भी जवान हैं।— BJP (@BJP4India) May 1, 2019
ऐसे नौजवानों का सपना है कि हमारा हिंदुस्तान भी नंबर एक बने। इस चुनाव में बहुत बड़ी मात्रा में ऐसे नौजवान मतदान करने वाले हैं: पीएम #DeshBoleModiPhirSe pic.twitter.com/XyYDPYDUMO
However, Mr Modi blamed country's first Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru for the stampede in the Kumbh in the past in which thousands of people were killed. "The incident was not widely reported by the media at that time, nor the affected families were given compensation. But this time it was a grand event which showed our commitment towards organising a such big event without a single incident," he said.(UNI)